I use this page to organize links to various online projects that I’ve created. In some cases, I link to both a newer and older version of the project.
- duncanjohnson.ca (Github repo) - This site, powered by Jekyll.
- blogs.duncanjohnson.ca - An installation of WordPress Multi-Site that I’ve used for various purposes, including course websites for my courses.
- moodle.duncanjohnson.ca - An installation of the Moodle LMS that I’ve used with some of my courses.
- texts.duncanjohnson.ca - An installation of Omeka that I built for a project. The goal is to create my own online notebook containing important historical primary source texts. This never quite took off like I intended, but maybe someday I’ll revisit.
- duncanandmeg.org - A simple landing page created with Jekyll. Source available at the Github repo.
- A Joyful Melody - A site for my wife’s violin studio, running WordPress.
- Western Canada Baptist Fellowship - The WCBF is a pastors’ fellowship. Previously, this website ran on concrete5. I took the site over when the previous maintainers no longer wished to oversee it, and converted it to a static site using Jekyll. Source available at the Github repo.
- library.foundationbaptistcollege.com - Unlike my other website projects (which are predominantly deployed on shared hosting), this site is a live install of the open-source Koha ILS on a small Ubuntu server that I maintain. This has been a great experience for me, since I’ve been able to practice maintaining a small Linux-based server in a low-stakes deployed environment.
Software for Student Writing
- Student Writing Helps (Website ● Github repo). A new website to host material I developed for the “Seminary Project Labs” site listed below. This version guides users through the installation and configuration of Greek and Hebrew fonts, the use of a Turabian template, and Zotero.
- Seminary Project Labs - Greek & Hebrew fonts, Turabian, Zotero (Website). The original site that I created for this material. No longer includes open access to a Turabian template.
- Bible study worksheets (Github repo). I have written study guides for several New Testament books, including John, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Ephesians, 1 & 2 Peter, 1–3 John, and Jude (among others).
- Timeline of Old Testament History (Website ● Github repo). This timeline is based on my work with the Isaiah timeline, but expands it to include the history of Old Testament Israel. Because of the massive scope of Old Testament history, there is much more that I’d like to add here someday.
- Isaiah Visualizations (Website ● Github repo). I’ve created a timeline of relevant historical events in the book of Isaiah as well as a map. These visualizations were created to supplement course materials for Ex204 Exposition of Isaiah at Foundation Baptist College, Edmonton, AB. The timeline portion of this project has been superseded by my “Timeline of Old Testament History” above.
- Biblical Commentaries (Technical). A subject guide that lists technical, conservative commentaries for the books of the Bible.
- Biblical Exegesis. Software and online resources for studying the biblical text.
- Biblical Greek. Resources for Greek students at all levels.
- Biblical Hebrew. Resources for Hebrew (and Aramaic) students at all levels.
- A Timeline of the English Bible (Website ● Github repo). A timeline summarizing some of the relevant historical details in the history of the English Bible.
- Baptist History Timeline (Website ● Github repo). This timeline, produced by my students, gives important events for the history of the Baptist denomination. There is still work to be done on this timeline, some of which I’ve noted here.
Other Library Subject Guides
I published these research guides during my time as a research assistant at the Bob Jones University Mack Library. They contain valuable bibliographic and reference material for a variety of different topic areas.
- Children’s Ministry Resources. A comprehensive list of outreach ministry resources (such as Sunday School materials, flannelgraph, puppets, etc) available for checkout, including photos.
- New Testament Greco-Roman Backgrounds. Introductory material on the Greco-Roman world, including its history, society, culture, religion, and literature, in relation to the expansion of early Christianity and the New Testament documents.
- Rare Bibles at Mack Library Lists rare Bibles stored in the Library’s Jerusalem Chamber and Special Collections.
- Sermon Index. Indexes sermons in books at the Mack Library by preacher and Scripture passage. Includes call numbers and page references.