Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux
Zotero (“zoh-TAIR-oh”) is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources.
It allows you to easily gather and share reference information, and to incorporate that information into your footnotes and bibliographies. It is also completely free, and developed by an international community of developers and scholars which shapes its future roadmap.
- Free and easy to use!
- Attach PDFs, notes and images to your sources
- Organize collections for your different research projects
- Create bibliographies and insert footnotes using Word or OpenOffice
- Automatically updates to work with new online sources and new bibliographic styles
See this video on the Zotero site for a quick (3:11) overview of its features.
Installation and Usage Guides
See the pages listed below for further documentation.
- Using the Zotero Word plugin
- Installing Zotero
- Getting stuff into Zotero
- Creating citations with Zotero